SignCAD New Features
InstallShield MSI installer
Adds flexibility to install and deploy SignCAD with the MSI installer package.
Allows users to import and export AutoCAD DWG and DXF format files through AutoCAD 2018 versions
- Now supports MicroStation CONNECT, Select Series 3 and 4, ProjectWise, and other Bentley products.
- Select panel fill color options when copying/pasting or placing a SignCAD sign in MicroStation color or monochrome fill or outline mode.
Improved support for Digital printing
- Generate EPS files with CMYK color or spot color parameters for digital printing, including specifying sign colors not to print, such as nonprinting Orange when printing black on Orange reflective material.
- EPS CMYK and contour cut supporting Roland Digital Printer/Cutters
- Rotate Selected command saves steps to rotate diamond signs or orient signs for more efficient use of material.
Lane Control (R3-8 and R3-30 signs)
- Separate state and Federal templates and libraries of lane control signs, and dedicated panel tools to create variances of them. Also includes standard lane control arrow libraries.
Updated state standards include roundabout arrows for regulatory and guide signs. Look for the roundabout arrows in the Templates menu under each standard when opening or creating a new sign in the selected standard.
Network Licensing for SignCAD now uses TCPIP instead of NETBIOS
- TCPIP can work successfully in network configurations where the current default NETBIOS communication does not (ex: companies using multiple subnets).
- The TCPIP version of SignCAD fixes the “Requested License Server Not Found” message on SignCAD client computers caused by Microsoft Windows Security Updates.
- TCPIP is a positive connect protocol – it knows when a connection has been broken. Unlike the previous NETBIOS version where it would take a period of time to recover a license if SignCAD crashed, with TCPIP the license will immediately become available from a crashed application.
- TCPIP communication is typically faster than NETBIOS communication. This helps improve how fast SignCAD opens as well as correct most of the “Translation process ran out of time” messages in MicroStation when using the SignCAD MDL on client computers.
Panel information dialog and save to SignTRACK sign inventory
- Edit fields in Rectangular Panel and Standard Sign Panel dialog boxes allow entry of up to 17 attributes for sign panels, including job number, quantity, sign and support type and materials, wind zone and mounting hardware. Data can be saved in .txt, and .JSON formats to pass data to user applications such as accounting, manufacturing or sign inventory.
Removed lines between panels
- Turn on and off panel edges, which displays or hides edges in multipanels, such as between green main panels and yellow exit panels.
- Panel fill options now include color, monochrome fill or outline mode, and are used in combination with showing/hiding panel edges
New Object View and Edit features
- New objects include cones, barricades, delineators, additional shapes
- Improved graphic editing tools
Standard alert dialog
Added message to alert users when they copy/paste or import a sign from one state standard into another. The standards alert dialog notifies users when fonts are not compatible between standards and prevents letter stacking when using Series 2000 (2K) and non-2K fonts in different standards.
Embeddable fonts when printing to external PDF files
SignCAD signs printed as pdf files embed the highway fonts, ensuring that there is no font substitution when pdf files are opened on computers that do not have SignCAD installed.