ConeZONE® Design Module Overview
ConeZONE is a powerful tool that designs traffic control plans according to federal and state standards. Users select and apply typical MUTCD layouts to a roadway plan, map or aerial photograph and all required devices are automatically and accurately plotted according to the selected speed limit. And that’s just the beginning. Whether you start with a layout or start from scratch, ConeZONE’s powerful tools help you rapidly engineer an accurate plan. Add, move or remove devices and dimensions and tabulations are automatically updated.
No project is too small or too large for ConeZONE. It manages traffic control for everything from striping and utility work to event planning, detours and major highway projects involving many stages and phases. Tabulation sheets and reports can provide any information you need for one phase or an entire project.
What’s more, Signs designed in SignCAD can be placed into the work zone. Signs in the work zone can be pulled up and cut in SignCAD/SignCAM. ConeZONE is fully integrated with all of our other products: SignCAD, SignCAM, SignTRACK, which means that special signs or existing permanent signs can be placed in the layout to show modifications to or conflicts with existing signage.
ConeZONE Feature List
- Design Module
- Standard layouts: Federal and state standards for temporary traffic control layouts are built into the software; standards drive the application.
- Standard Devices and Signs: ConeZONE has the library of standard work zone signs and standard devices built into the software. Users can add their own devices and signs for use in their plans.
- Automated layouts: ConeZONE uses the same DynArrange engine used by SignCAD. When devices are inserted or removed or when tapers are changed, the entire layout is lengthened or shortened automatically. Even with full automation, users have full control.
- Modifying Traffic Control: Shifting flow of traffic from phase to phase is as easy as dragging groups of devices or copying all from one alignment to another. The layout can be adjusted easily while maintaining standard spacing. The results are saved and printed or exported.
ConeZONE Tools and Layout Templates
- Tools: They represent actually approved devices, not just graphic symbols. Reports show actual sign codes, areas, costs, and any other information the user wants to track.
- Templates: They speed up work by allowing the user to build libraries of devices, layouts or entire projects. When a template from one TCP is applied to a similar work zone but different road geometry, the template is applied to the new road geometry.
- Navigating: Users can easily navigate the entire stretch of roadway within other commands, making it easy to work on miles long traffic control plans.
- Editing: Adding and changing devices and modifying the work zone is a breeze because all of the controls are always available. The result is faster design with greater efficiency.
ConeZONE is a stand-alone database driven CAD application. ConeZONE can read and import or attach MicroStation, AutoCAD, and other vector file formats.
Requirements: Windows 7, 8 or 10 –
Licenses are available for the single user or network installations.